I have to say that I do like the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy tool, but I am not thrilled at all with the Sew Ribbon tool. I was just going to add some detail to a nicely planned card. What could be harder than laying the tool over the card, having the magnets line itself up and punching the easy to use cutter through the paper. Yeah… Right. Damn. So, I have now mangled the bottom of my card, as the tool has a hard time fitting into its own guide let alone punching through paper. I thought that maybe it was the paper and not the tool, so I tried some cheap, thin paper. Nope, still the tool. Boo and ugh. Guess I will have to redo a card later.
… didn’t quite happen.
I planned to get a slice of pizza. They didn’t have it. Ended up eating an entire Tombstone pizza. I did add mushrooms for added protein.
Due to being behind at work, I planned on working from home. With my pizza, I never left the couch. I did catch up on this week’s The Voice.
I’ve been trying to get to bed around 10. I got distracted, and now it’s almost 11:30.
Oh well, guess I’m not going to finish Bloodlines tonight either. It is a good book though. I enjoy Richelle Mead as an author.
Zoey is still cute, so I guess I’ll just cuddle up and go to bed.
So, where have I been?
- I have been belly dancing with some awesome ladies.
- Started and finished watching Lost.
- Finally finished Dancing with Dragons by George R R Martin
- Getting crafty tonight
I was able to complete this task tonight at the crop at Craft Fancy, which was awesome. I got a bit of a late start there due to work, but it was nice to actually be able to finish something that I had planned on doing. I got a bit inspired and wanted to continue, but it was getting a bit late there (yes, it is a bit late now, but I even got inspired to post.) I decided when putting things away when I got home to finish another task I wanted to work on.
I finally picked up a 6×6 scrap album from American Crafts. I have decorated the cover, although it needs a little something more. This might actually be a size that I can work with. The pages have one or maybe two photos that I can add, and then I can work from there. It is kind of my style, so with that I made some pages. Of course, what I thought was going quickly actually took a couple of hours, but it is a start.
OK, well that’s a post. Now I need to go to bed to get up and dance in a couple of hours.
Started playing tonight with the new app Montage Pro on my iPad. Initially I downloaded the iPhone version, but then found out about the iPad version. It is kind of cool of the options for adjusting photos with shapes, borders, shading, levels and colors.
The photos were taken on an outing to the Shedd Aquarium. I love the graceful movement of them, although I felt kind of bad for the tangled strands coming off of them.
Ok, so I have had these photos since 2009. It’s time. So I took the photos and a line from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to complete this two page layout. I decided to keep it simple. I think it works, and it also got done this way.
I have more plans on using this We Are Memory Keepers Hybrid Album set up. I may even get around to the digital pages I have planned for some day. Until then, I have this start.
This actually has been a great week off. I feel I have been pretty productive, which is awesome when you can feel that way while still feeling relaxed.
1. Cleaned up my room a bit, still has more to go, but so much better.
2. Loaded up all my sellable wares onto my etsy store and have set up a coupon (BIRTHDAY) for 20% off for the month of October. It would so rock to have some sales and move some items through and out to make room for new stuff and get a little cash in the meantime.
3. Worked in my Smash book a bit. I keep making the idea more complicated in my head. It was a post on Dear Lizzy that reminded me that it doesn’t need to be that big. It can be a simple couple of pictures of something and a list (or something like that).
4. Finished up Pride and Prejudice and Zombies also The Search
5. Downloaded A Dance With Dragons onto my Kindle to start reading that next. I am loving my new 5-button Kindle. It is small enough to fit into my purse, and the text really is easier to read than off my iPad. (Going to use my iPad for many other things, but start to leave the reading to the Kindle – Plus, Overdrive has made downloading Kindle books from your library so easy. Hoping, though, that if I disconnect from wireless, it won’t be able to pull the books off my K in case I can’t read Dragons in 2 weeks.)
6. Did some bead stitching and knotting, which was nice.
7. Laundry – an inevitable evil, and not exactly finished.
8. Lastly, spent some unhappy time at the vet. Zoey is being funky. She has peed on my roommates bed twice, but no where else in the apartment. The meds that could help here with a suspected bladder that gets a bit too relaxed, seemed to throw her back into the tummy troubles we just solved. So, still more to work on that. Cannot figure out why she only has peed in the one spot though. The first time may just have been excitement, but peeing the second time while lying down … that’s just not right.
Still have a belly dance performance and the last of the weekend to go. Feels good, but I don’t really want to go back to work yet. Guess that was inevitable. 🙂
Got this pattern from Cube Bead Stitching by Virginia Jensen. It isn’t that bad. Need to work more on my closures, but I am really happy with the bright yellow color and how it really catches the light. Also, using the larger cubes really makes this bracelet fly together, which was nice for an instant gratification.