So I sat down tonight with the intention to finish up redoing a bracelet for a friend. When I first made this, I thought that the beads were sterling silver. It turns out that they were just plated, and through lots of wear, that plating wore off. I unstrung the beads and replaced those bland beads with actual silver. Not it is all spiffy again for the wearing.
Next up, I continued to work on my wire rings. I decided to try a stone center as well
as another tri-stone setup. Sorry about the pictures, but I just took them when I was done with them and didn’t wait for some natural light to take the shots in. They aren’t too shabby, but I still need more work with the making of them.
Also, at the Bead & Button Show (aka Bead Mecca to my friends and family), I picked up this device called the Easy Knotter. There is always something nice and simple about having designs of beads on thread that is knotted, but that that tri-knotter thing out there is insane. This thing really is nicer. I picked up some blue Czech glass beads and made myself a new anklet, since i finally killed the last anklet I wore. It was easy enough to make and has a nice simpleness to it.
The remaining thread that I nabbed to make the anklet went towards a bracelet. It is just red glass Druk beads, but the toggle is nice. Once again, sorry about the photos, but the idea is there. You definitely need more string than I was working with when knotting. I think the knots were getting messier, since I didn’t really have anything to hold on to when tying. The thread and knotting really makes the bracelet more flexible and draping than wire does. The only problem is that it won’t be as water resistant as when I work with beading wire or fishing line. Guess it is a give take situation there.
Guess that is good for tonight. Time to read and go to sleep. Night all.